WelliBUS is your Wellington travel companion. Starting with August 2011 it includes real time information, being the first mobile application to provide this service to Wellingtonians.
Find stops nearby (GPS) or search for any stop/route in the region. WelliBUS includes timetables for:
- the cable car
- the ferry
- and other services (e.g. The Naked Bus) that stop in Wellington
All the timetable information is bundled with the application so you can use it on your iPod Touch as well as on your iPhone.
WelliBUS enables you to:
- see real time arrival information for the services that are equipped with GPS
- find services departing from a particular stop or street
- find the nearest stops/platforms (using the built in GPS) or by typing the name your the street
- filter services by time or bus number
- OFFLINE use, iPod Touch users can now use it as a pocket timetable
- use the nearby stop overlay map, with more data to come
- save favourites and aliases
- get directions between any two addresses (uses Google Maps to display direction and navigation information)
- use the built-in feature suggestion
Whereas WelliBUS 1 used to connect to a web server to pull all its data, WelliBUS 2 now comes with a bundled database. This means that you iPod Touch users as well as iPhone owners can find relevant timetable information regardless of their coverage.
You can download the latest version from here.
Please leave your comments or suggestions below. You can also send your feedback to @WelliBUS via Twitter.